Roasted Squash Seeds Recipe (A Thanksgiving treat for The Marilyn Denis Show)
Oct 02, 2018
Everyone knows pumpkin seeds, though did you know that squash seeds are just as tasty and even easier to chew?
- 1/2 cup fresh seeds (from about 2 medium butternut squash)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoning of choice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain and dry on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 3250F.
- Pat seeds dry with a paper towel once more and scatter the seeds onto a baking sheet and toss with the oil, some salt and the seasoning (if using). Arrange seeds in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until puffy and light golden, about 25-28 minutes (you will hear them pop in the oven). Cool on the baking sheet.
Join Hot Detox now!
Go on, get the life you deserve!
Indulge in delicious, healing recipes and down-to-earth, easy-to-understand nutritional science. Go on, you deserve it!